T1-A: Universal Design Challenge
T1-B: Maker Community Challenge
T1-C: Using the RERC to Innovate in STEM Education
T1-D: Mentored Engineering Student Research & Lab Experiences
- Kevin Caves, Duke University
- Holly Jimison, Northeastern University
Projects in 2018
- 2018 Student App Challenge: LiveWell RERC sponsored an app development competition for students and non-professional developers to build applications to be used within the assistive and accessibility spaces.
Students consulted with clinical specialists and completed a quiz on the basics of mobile application accessibility to gain a better understanding of the clinical populations and mobile accessibility challenges.
Winners were selected from a panel of judges from various clinical backgrounds and experience levels.
- Assistive Technology Design Projects (BME 460) class at Duke University offered to engineering students in Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters.
- Project Tadpole engineering service group.
- Started a community group (unnamed) working to create a maker event in Research Triangle focused on disability topics.
- Workshop accepted at the 2016 RESNA conference.